How are financial arrangements handled?
Please contact the Central Business Office prior to surgery to make financial arrangements and to be sure you are pre-admitted or to ask questions. In most cases, they should be able to estimate the cost of surgery beforehand.
Please check with your insurance company for pre-admission requirements such as second opinions and pre-admission certification. This will facilitate the admitting process.
Billing for the Center and physician are separate. The Center charges include use of the operating room and equipment and supplies for surgery. Your surgeon, anesthesiologist and pathologist (if applicable) will bill you separately for their services.
- Uninsured and/or cash patients will be required to pay for services on the admission date.
- Patients with verified insurance will be required to pay ONLY their portion on the day of surgery.
- MasterCard, Visa, AMEX, Discover, all Debit cards and Care Credit are accepted.
- The Surgical Center will bill your insurance company as a courtesy; however, the balance due is the patient’s responsibility and payment will be requested from you unless your insurance company pays within 60 days.
- Medicaid patients must have a current valid medical card with them at the time of admission.
THE CENTER MAY BE WILLING TO WORK WITH PATIENTS ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS IN REGARDS TO FINANCIAL MATTERS.